Tvöföld Tilvera (Double Existence)
Having been obsessed with the hypothesis of a pluridimensional reality, and how one could peek into another dimension as an observer from above, shapes started to form in my mind; they were an image of an old man staring down on a small town. I worked it into an emotion-oriented story of life/death, love and loss in a small fishing town in the west fjords of Iceland.
We were incredibly well received by the locals and got to shoot everywhere, including the only small retirement home in the area - the eerie atmosphere and energy of that location seemed to drip over the the entire rest of the film.
This short pulls you into a world that might be our own, but seamlessly crosses the frontier between realms, where dreams - the awake and even the afterlife - fade into one other.
- Original title: Tvöföld Tilvera
- English title: Double Existence
- Genre: Drama, Mystery
- Language: Icelandic
- Director: Snorri Fairweather
- Scriptwriter: Snorri Fairweather
- Main cast: Sveinn Ólafur Gunnarsson, Tinna Hrafnsdóttir, Karl J. Guðmundsson, Anna Kristín Arngrímsdóttir
- Editor: Snorri Fairweather
- Cinematographer: Ásgrímur Guðbjartsson
- Sound design: Nicolas Liebing,
- Producers: Snorri Fairweather Logi Hilmarsson
- Production company:Angry Dancer Productions, Loki 7
- Country: Iceland
- Sound: Stereo 2.0;
- Length: 18 min
- Aspect ratio: 1:85.1
- Production format: Super 16mm
- National premiere date and year: 23 January 2011
- International release: (Country & Festival)
- Iceland Reykjavík Shorts and docs